Ok, and the week before.
This isn’t the first time I’ve listened to this speech, but this time it really clicked. Eben Moglen speaks so carefully and thoughtfully that listening to him is a real treat. I’m not even going to try to highlight his points and pick out quotes here. Everyone should go and listen to this talk.
Other random stuff:
- A new find: Spark on CBC. Seems like a good mix of tech stories and interviews and the whole show is interesting and engaging. There’s a blog where you can join in, and you can also download the unedited versions of interviews. There’s a wiki where you can jump in and contribute to the show.
- Billy Hoffman on Ajax Security. Scary security stuff. Reminds me of this panel about the darker parts of online marketing.
- Phil Windley and Jon Udell on Online Reputation Frameworks. This is important stuff to be thinking about. Online reputation can really follow you around: it most likely never disappears.
- The Linux Link Tech Show. What is there to say about this show? I hated its aimlessness at first, but they do get interesting guests, and there’s some bits of interesting conversation in between the long silences, technical problems, and background noises. The show is at least twice as long as it needs to be.
- The SciFi Guys is interesting, lots of scifi news discussion and great guests.